As most of them are high end brands, I wanted to also include drugstore alternatives because not everyone has the budget to splurge and in all honesty sometimes the drugstore alternative is just as good – or even better value for money.
- Now if I had to keep only one (that’s a bold statement) it would certainly be YSL rouge volupté shine in 17 Rose in Tension. It is a berry tone pink reddish shade that is just gorgeous for everyday wear as a stain or full on for evening looks. It wears beautifully though out the day and the smell of that lipstick is just divine ! I had this lipstick for more than 2 years and I am still so happy I picked it up. The colour is gorgeous on brunette! A very good dupe for that shade would be SOAP and GLORY super-colour fabu lipstick in Man Trap.
- a Very similar in terme of shade to Rose in tension would be Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita, but as the name would suggest this one is matte. This one however is more orangey than pink. The shade is wearable and oh so classy for day wear. I love this shade so much !
- The only MAC lipstick in this article is Crosswires, now I don”t particularily like MAC lipsticks but this shade of coral is so unique I have to give it a mention. Crosswires is a coral shade with pink undertones that make it more wearable than a lot of corals. So flattering on a tan, and perfect worn with navy blue clothes. A fairly good dupe for it (but more on the pink side) would be Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry. Definitely not as coral but just as pretty on the lips.
- On to the nudes: Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Adrienne is a glossy peachy pink lipstick with warm undertones. Very similar in consistency to SOAP And GLORY sexy mother pucker gloss stick in Nudist and also really similar in terme of colour to RIMMEL Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nothing Hill Nude, the Chanel Offering is the perfect daily easy lipstick for girls with medium skin tone. As it is fairly sheer, it is very low maintenance throughout the day and very moisturizing also.
- The Last but certainly not the least is Tom Ford Lip Colour in Indian Rose. Though I love the colour, consistency, and the packaging of course, I have found an exact dupe – the colour, finish and lasting power are identicals – in the Essence Lipstick in Natural Beauty (07) which is around 3 Euros. So this lip colour is the perfect everyday my lips but better colour. Looks so classy and put together.
So here we go, please tell me in the comment which lipsticks are your favourites?